In 1946, Mr. Gulab Chand Sharma – the founder person, decided to strike out on his own, and founded 'G.C. Sharma and Sons' at Connaught Circus. With a relatively modest approach, Mr. Sharma started a small firm but with the passage of time the company expanded its operations rapidly, throughout Delhi, to begin with, and eventually to the entire country. He was a founder-teacher in School of Planning & Architecture, Delhi. In 1981, when G.C. Sharma passed away, the firm had grown into premier company in the field.